A virtual Tri-Board meeting was held on Monday to determine PCC’s stance on worship in the coming weeks.
It was determined that we MUST cancel all in-person worship indefinitely. Of course, this includes Holy Week and Easter, the most important holidays of the year for Christians.
It saddens all of us that we will not be together to celebrate the Resurrection on Easter Sunday, but we must remain vigilant and pray for an end to the COVID-19 virus.
Please continue to join us for weekly worship online, including:
Sunday, April 5 - Palm Sunday - get a virtual palm by opening your weekly worship email
Friday, April 10 - Good Friday
Sunday, April 12 - Easter Sunday
These weekly online services will be provided until it is safe to be together in our beloved church again.
God Bless You All!
Dear People of Faith,
The Tri-Board and Staff at Packanack Community Church is committed to doing what we can to help make sure our congregation stays safe and well cared for during the COVID-19 pandemic. With this in mind, we have made the following decisions with much prayer and careful consideration:
1. There will be NO Sunday worship for at least the next three weeks (March 22, March 29 and April 5 - Palm Sunday)
2. The choir and handbells will not rehearse during this time
3. All activities at the church are cancelled during this time, including:
Lenten Bible Study
April 4 Family Easter Event
April 4 Security Shredding
All yoga and Zumba classes, as well as BALCO lessons and rehearsals
THE GOOD NEWS:
1. We will be providing a video worship experience weekly. Please watch for future emails which will have a link to this online worship experience.
2. Darlene will be providing the families with a weekly video message and activity for the children
3. We have a team of people who will be checking in with our members weekly. If you get a call from one of our team members, please let us know if you need anything or if you'd like a visit from the pastor.
*PLEASE REMEMBER that the church still needs to pay our staff and our bills during this time. Since you are unable to drop your donation in the plate, please mail it to the church office at 120 Lake Drive East, Wayne, NJ 07470.
We will make a determination regarding Holy Week at a later time. We hope that we will be able to gather together to celebrate the Glory of Easter, but will have to see what the status is at that time. In the meantime, please remember:
1. Pastor Bernie is always available by phone. Please call the church office at 973-694-0608 x2.
2. If you need to visit the church office, please call first to be sure someone is in. Our Office Manager may have some irregular hours due to the school closures.
We are a family of faith who have weathered the storm before (literally!). Together, but with proper social distance, we will see this through. May God Bless You.
Michele Forrest, Chair, Council
Carey Lochridge, Chair, Trustees
Lauri Masur, Chair, Deacons